Sunday, January 18, 2009

Preserved lemon

This is a recipe from epicurious.com.

2 lemons
1/2 c water
4 t kosher salt
1/4 c lemon juice
1/4 c evoo

Peel lemons with vegetable peeler, being careful to get the rind and not the pith. Simmer the peel, water, and salt in a saucepan over medium-high heat until salt dissolves. Reduce heat to low and simmer until liquid is reduced to 2 Tablespoons and the peel is tender, stirring occasionally, about 10 minutes. Transfer peel and liquid to a jar. Add the lemon juice and olive oil. Stir and refrigerate at least one day for flavors to set.

Printable version here.

1 comment:

  1. I'm very excited to try the Moroccan chicken recipe (I think I'll try it Monday!), and this preserved lemon recipe also sounds interesting in and of itself. Any suggestions for other things that I could use the preserved lemon for? I'm guess this makes more than a tablespoon when it's done (though I could be wrong).

    ReplyDelete

 
BLOG DESIGN BY: SHERBET BLOSSOM DESIGNS