Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Celery Leaf Salad with Walnuts and Parmesan



As I mentioned in my Farmer's Market essay, I bought a simply gigantic bunch of celery this weekend. I used the leaves alone for a salad that would probably serve four people. I know, though, that many of you do not have access to giant bushels of celery leaves, so let me suggest that this salad could also be made with lettuce, shaved (very thinly sliced ) asparagus, shaved green beans, shaved brussel sprouts, or plain old celery.

bunch of leafies
1 lemon
1/2 cup walnuts, toasted and cooled
extra virgin olive oil
salt and pepper
block of parmesan, shaved with vegetable peeler--any desired amount

1.In a large bowl, gently toss the vegetable of choice, walnuts, the juice of the lemon, a few Tablespoons of olive oil, and a small sprinkle of salt and pepper.

2. Shave the parmesan over the top and enjoy!

Printable version here.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
BLOG DESIGN BY: SHERBET BLOSSOM DESIGNS