Thursday, January 1, 2009

More about Me and This Website

In the spirit of full disclosure, I’ve gone through it all--from being chubby and eating whatever I wanted--to being very thin and probably on the verge of an eating disorder. I moved to California from New York City and immediately met a trainer who got me into incredible shape...and put me on a diet that made me a skinny...and a little pscyho. It was very restrictive...and it worked! I looked really good...but after living that way for months and months, I started to become someone I didn’t even recognize--caring so much about calories and numbers on the scale, and avoiding social gatherings because I couldn’t control every aspect of my food choices. So I went off that diet--and you guess it, gained weight--not incredible weight, but maybe 15 pounds. Well, that didn’t make me happy, either. So thus began my journey of finding and creating recipes that were healthful AND taste really delicious. The other thing I guess I should mention is that I am a foodie. I think that if it weren’t for my concern about health and appearance, I could be a complete food hedonist. So it is very important to me that my food tastes good. I also believe that all things should be in moderation, including moderation. So, when I feel like a moist, rich, intense piece of chocolate cake, I am NOT going to try to make a healthy one with prunes or some ridiculousness like that. I am going to have a piece of chocolate cake! Along these lines, I have developed a little system of labeling foods on this website--Angels will denote healthy recipes, and Devils will be decadent ones. They say you should eat 80% healthy, 80% of the time, so I will try to always have 80% of the recipes on this website be angelic ones. But, hey, you only live once, right? All work and no play makes Suzy a skinny psycho. :)

2 comments:

 
BLOG DESIGN BY: SHERBET BLOSSOM DESIGNS